Law Clerk - Bundaberg
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm.
We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference. We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. Our offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
An amazing opportunity has arisen to grow your Personal Injury legal career in Wide Bay-Burnett region's major centre of Bundaberg. You may be a Law student studying off-campus or part-time, or a CBD-based legal support professional keen for a new start in a beachside environment.
Our team is seeking a driven and enthusiastic Law Clerk (Personal Injury) to join us.
- Assist Solicitors with the day-to-day operations of files/client management
- Working with mixed PI files
- Manage complex databases of information
- Devise systems to support information retention and accessibility
- Prepare matters for hearing, court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Assist clients with enquiries
- Prepare simple correspondence and documents as directed
- Brief and liaise with counsel
- Correspond, brief and liaise with medical practitioners and other experts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and external to the organisation
- Full time - 5 days/week
- Minimum 12 months' personal injury experience in a Paralegal/Law Clerk role
- Experience with PI files preferable
- Client service oriented, strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of Pre-court and Court processes
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and show great commitment
- Comfortable to work under pressure when needed
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application