Solicitor/Senior Solicitor - Professional Negligence
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
Shine is proud to have a strong, market-leading Professional Negligence team based in our head office in Brisbane. This year the team has resolved some major claims for its clients against financial advisers, solicitors and accountants. The Professional Negligence team runs litigated negligence claims for compensation in all Australian jurisdictions. The team also encompasses Shine’s National Defamation Practice, which is in the process of establishing itself as being at the forefront of online defamation actions in Australia. This high-performing team strongly believes in being ahead of the pack and in a professional’s legal duty to do their job right. You will develop into a consummate torts-based litigator upon being successful in this role.
We are looking for a dynamic Solicitor or Senior Solicitor to join our Professional Negligence practice in Brisbane. The requirements of the role include:
- Obtaining maximum financial compensation for our clients;
- Drafting legal documents in a concise, respectful and forceful manner;
- Understanding the commercial aspects of running complex litigated claims on a speculative basis;
- Managing the expectations of consumer and corporate clients;
- Conducting yourself with professionalism in your dealings with clients, colleagues and practitioners;
- Being alive to and participating in business development and cross-referral opportunities to grow the practice.
What you will bring to the Role
- 2-4 years' PAE;
- Genuine interest in practising in plaintiff professional negligence and financial services claims;
- Commercial litigation and professional indemnity insurance experience (plaintiff or defendant) essential;
- Capability to autonomously manage complex litigation from demand stage, through litigation, to trials and appeals as necessary;
- Financial services legislation and accounting knowledge advantageous;
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters;
- Confidence to deal with consumer and corporate clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses;
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential;
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program;
- A progressive and supportive working environment.
We look forward to receiving your application